Schools really don’t want to exclude students. Ideally, students need to be in school and learning. Unfortunately, sometimes schools need to exclude students and this can be detrimental to both the school and the student. Schools don’t want to lose attendance marks, they don’t want the student to stop following the curriculum as they want that young person to achieve the best grades to give them the best chance in the future.
EDClass was designed just to do this as we have a range of UK experienced teachers where once a student is logged on then they have instant access to ask for support, information advice and guidance. The learner can start learning from the 2000 on demand hybrid video lessons and 12,000 eLearning lessons which make up their learning pathway.
EDClass has extensive safeguarding tools and support officers to help them learn and have a positive learning experience with increased protection, whether they are on or off school premises.
EDClass is proven to impact your alternative provision and behaviour within a whole school setting. Students can access the teachers for timetabled, on demand or live teaching and support as they log into to our pathways of learning that follow your current daily, weekly, monthly, half-termly curriculum for their year group.
All work is marked and feedback provided by our team of UK Qualified and experienced teachers (based in Sheffield) so that the learner has every chance of progressing and keeping up with current topics. They can also complete behaviour lessons relating to the issues leading to exclusion.
All of this information is monitored and helps with any reintegration meeting and supports the school's behaviour policy and expectations.
Working with EDClass we aim to help you reduce the numbers of days exclusions and increase the school’s attendance.
Our unique methodology gives every child the chance to succeed through the study of core subjects, allowing pupils to learn, progress and attain in an environment that is suited to their specific needs. Their completed work can be tracked and monitored to view the pupil’s progress and data can be presented in the form of printable reports. With personalised pathways for your pupils to complete, knowledge and understanding can be developed, whilst removing barriers to learning.
The EDClass platform has proved successful in improving behaviour and minimising issues which may occur when a pupil returns to the mainstream classroom.
EDClass provides a great tool for motivating and creating a positive learning system for NEETs, included, excluded, vulnerable, home educated, foundation, vocational, teenage pregnancy, injured or long term sick and fast track students alongside being used for target groups, or whole school approaches.
EDClass can assist your organisation to:
- Improve disengaged students’ knowledge and understanding within a range of subjects in a relaxed and enjoyable environment through interactive learning approaches
- Increase behaviour, motivation and attendance
- Gain foundation and vocational qualifications verified by AQA, EDEXCEL, NCFE, EDUCAS and City & Guilds
- Enable teaching staff to track and monitor graphical and theoretical data of a student’s progress in English, Maths and Science alongside functional skills, core and vocational subjects
- Reduce exclusions, lower persistent absences and enhance learning whilst enabling the students to work independently.
- Provide a new and innovative approach to your alternative and foundation curriculum, as you can now prepare your students for their Maths and English qualifications through our functional skills lessons and areas
- Students can also receive attendance grades whilst completing lessons, assessment files and coursework through EDClass.
- Student success is achieved through spending time on EDClass and completing lessons
- You can reward students instantly for answers submitted, effort, grade, commitment, coursework, homework and time spent learning
Call us on 01909 568 338 for more information.